Welcome to the Friday Folder, a weekly feature designed to highlight activities & events in the district.
Congratulations to this week's Titan Strong Certificate winners!
The CASEL’S SEL framework was used as the inspiration for the Titan Strong Certificates. The focus is on Self- Awareness, Self- Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision Making. Students and staff who exhibit behaviors from this framework receive a Titan Strong Certificate.
There are new winners every week!
Grades 4, 5, and 6
- This week, the fourth graders were working on whole number place value and forms of numbers in math. They are also working on comparing whole numbers.
- This week, the fifth graders were working on learning fiction signposts and writing personal narratives in ELA. In math, they are ordering decimals. The fifth graders are learning to read and complete timelines during Social Studies classes.
- In sixth grade, students will have their first Social Studies test on Mesopotamia on Tuesday, October 3. They are also going to have an opportunity to join FFA Club, through agriculture class if they are interested.
- Author & Illustrator, Jarrett Krosoczka, is coming to our school on Thursday, November 2. We are looking forward to having him!
After School Activities
- Homework Club: Monday-Thursday
- Harvest Club
- Drama Club
- Art Club
- October 9: Columbus/Indigenous People Day (No School)
- October 20: Superintendent's Conference Day (No School) & Homecoming
- October 21: Pumpkin Run
- October 27: Pow Wow/Touch a Truck/Trunk or Treat
- November 3; Elementary Picture Day
- November 4: Ancram Opera House - Story teller presentations
From the Nurse's Office
- Physicals are required for Grades 1, 3, and 5. If a physical has not been sent in, please send in a copy or have the Doctor's office fax it to 518-325-2856. Thank you from the Health Office.
News from the Office
- Please make sure your child is in attendance daily for the entire day to help them achieve success!
Author/Illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka will be visiting our District on Thursday, November 2! He will spend the school day with THCSD staff & students.
At 3PM, he will be holding a presentation in our Performing Arts Center for any and all adult public & community members at no charge. Sign up here to attend: https://forms.gle/jerrvSBUx15QNDjSA
Jarrett will also be available to autograph his books, which are available for sale by Spotty Dog Books & Ale. Buy his books here, or use the QR code on the flyer below: https://drive.google.com/.../1tiUYjs3zcnzmVGFAXvs.../view.... Book orders are due by October 13.
Please note that the presentation at 3PM is for adults only, and sign up is required.
We hope to see you there!
As Thanksgiving approaches, we want to offer support to ensure everyone in our community enjoys a festive meal.
If you could use assistance, please complete the below Thanksgiving Food Assistance Request Form by 10/16. (We'll keep your information confidential and strive to meet your needs). Baskets will be provided by the Roe Jan Food Pantry.
Contact Vernetta Moore at 413-446-9431 with questions (6:00 - 8:00 M - F).
The annual Pow Wow / Trunk or Treat / Touch a Truck event will be on Friday, October 27 from 4PM-6PM
There will be a bake sale, raffles, games, candy, a bounce house, and more!
Entry fee is $5.
Join us for the 2023 Pumpkin Run on Saturday, October 21 from 10AM-12PM
This is a FREE event for Grades Pre-K through 6 and their families!
There will be races, face painting, apple cider, temporary tattoos, and more!
Each child who runs a race will receive a ticket to enter the pumpkin patch & pick a pumpkin to take home.
Please complete the below form and return to your child's teacher by Tuesday, October 10.
The PSAT is an excellent opportunity to get ready for the SAT exam. The district has set up for 60 students to take this exam.
If your Student (Grade 11) is interested, please use this google form to sign up: https://forms.gle/QkGtuLJagaFkH4Cs5
The form needs to be complete by October 13th, and the testing date will be October 18.
Questar III is hosting an Open House on Thursday, October 19 from 4:30PM - 6PM.
This Open House is for prospective students and their parents to learn about Questar's CTE programs and how to attend next fall!
The 2023 Burger-Laverack TH Alumni Soccer Game & Chicken BBQ will be Sunday, October 1 !
The soccer game begins at 1PM, and the BBQ is at 4PM.
BBQ Tickets are $12, and T Shirts are $15.
Checks should be made out to Community Scholarship Fund of CSF.
Contact Ryan Proper at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
The Board of Education is looking for staff, students, parents, and community members to join board committees!
We want to hear from YOU!
- Policy Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Audit Committee
- Facilities Committee
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
We will be hosting Youth Swim Stroke Clinics in our Aquatic Center for swimmers ages 8-18. The fee is $80.
The Pre-Stroke Clinic is for swimmers who can independently swim at least two lengths in the shallow end. The class is geared towards those swimmers with a desire to learn the basics of competitive swimming (stroke development, breath control, flip turns, diving and some water safety skills). Maximum of 12 swimmers.
The Stroke Clinic is for swimmers who can comfortably swim at least 100 yards (4 laps) and have a basic knowledge of each of the four competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly). This class is geared towards those swimmers looking to prepare for their upcoming swim season, or those with a desire to obtain a great low impact, strength training workout through swimming. Maximum of 12 swimmers.
Please see dates below. Contact Robin Semp at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information & registration forms.
Girl Scouts is hosting a FREE Princess Party on Tuesday, October 24th from 5:30PM - 6:30PM in the THCSD Elementary Cafeteria.
Come dressed up and do Girl Scout badge related activities! Bring your grown-ups too!
RSVP to Kate Foley at email@example.com
Emergency Mental Health Service
8 a.m. - 10 p.m. 7 days a week
- On-site face-to face mental health assessments
- Referrals to available services
- Follow-up from psychiatric hospitalizations
- Wellness calls when someone is concerned
- Phone assessments
Taconic Hills Elementary PTO
The Taconic Hills Elementary PTO is back up and running, plus we have a new Facebook page. Please follow this new page to see all of the ideas and fun activities we have planned for your children. We would also love for you to join us. We meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 4:30pm and would love to see you there and hear any ideas that you might have. Zoom links will be posted closer to meeting times. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have something you would like to add, send an email to email@example.com and we will share it with the school community. You can also send comments/feedback by email.
Make sure you check the District Calendar for up to date events coming to school.