Learn to Ski Program
The Taconic Hills sponsored Learn to Ski Program will begin on Wednesday January 8, 2020. There will be no ski sessions the week of President’s Birthday. This program is open to anyone in the community and offers six weeks of skiing (each session lasts four hours). A one-hour lesson can be included in each session. Lesson groups are divided by ability.
Participants may only ski during their scheduled session. In the event of a cancellation, a group make up session will be scheduled.
Taconic Hills is scheduling Ski Sessions on Wednesdays from 3:30-7:30.
Questions? Feel free to call Judy Webb (413) 229-2202 or at the Elementary school (518) 325-2820.
PROPER DRESS FOR SNOWSPORTS
Catamount would like to suggest some proper dress for when you and/or your child go skiing/snowboarding. Here are helpful hints:
- Waterproof gloves or mittens
- Warm winter jacket
- Hat – that covers your ears
- Ski Socks – Socks should be moisture wicking polypropylene or wool/acrylic. Cotton socks are not recommended for skiing as they hold too much moisture from perspiration and do not keep heat in.
- When booting up, pull up socks tight. Do Not have insulated underwear, jeans, sweat pants or ski pants stuffed into ski boots.
- It is always great to bring an extra pair of socks, gloves, mittens.
- Helmet – is recommended but not mandatory.
- Sunscreen lotion. UV rays are intensified at high altitudes
- A pair of goggles
- Water proof clothing – Ski bibs or ski pants (snow pants)
- Water proof jacket – winter coat
- Dress in layers, as a general rule. ie: a thermal undershirt, then a turtleneck, then a sweater (sweatshirt), then a jacket.
- It’s easier to take off layers than it is to put them on!
- Be sure to mark all items with a name & phone number
NOTE: Most of these items can be purchased in our Retail Shop!