Taconic Hills Coronavirus (COVID-19) Reopening Plan
Last updated at 1PM on July 31, 2020.
We are centralizing all 2020-2021 School Reopening updates on this page for easy access for our community members.
The Taconic Hills Central School District’s reopening plan document for the 2020-2021 school year. This plan was submitted to New York State on July 31st and Governor Cuomo will make his final decision about schools reopening in early August... view the plan >>
The New York State Education Department released guidance to help school districts as they plan to reopen, whether that occurs in person, remotely, or in a combination of the two. The guidance builds on the Framework of Guidance that the Department presented to the Board of Regents on Monday, July 13.
Taconic Hills Central School District administrators have reviewed the guidance, and invite everyone from the school community including teachers, staff and families to read the guidance documents as well. The full 145-page document can be found below:
- Submission of plan via the New York State Department of Education portal (due 7/31/20)
- Wait for Governor Cuomo’s decision on school reopening (to be announced August 1-7)
This is a fluid process. The framework will be updated regularly as new guidance and regulations come out over the coming weeks.
Reopening Task Force
Taconic Hills Central School District has developed a task force to help us move forward with the very difficult task of planning to reopen school for the 2020-21 School Year. We are working closely with federal, state and local agencies and gathering input from our various stakeholders. The task force is comprised of staff, family and community members and divided into eight subcommittees, which are now developing guidelines and recommendations for our plan. As the task force moves forward with their work, the district will provide regular updates to ensure staff, families, and the community are prepared for what the upcoming school year may look like. The main goals of this task force are to minimize risks to public health, address the impacts on student learning and well-being, and seek to optimize operational readiness. As we prepare for reopening the school district, we must remain flexible in our plan as guidance from local, state, and federal governments, as well as coordination with other regional districts will have direct influence on our plan.
No decisions about how school will reopen in the fall have been made and at the moment, there are no changes to the current 2020-21 school calendar. Communication regarding the reopening plan will continued throughout the summer on the school district website, email and our school notification system.
Thank you for your support,
The Taconic Hills CSD Reopening Task Force Team
Taconic Hills Covid Response Group
TH 2020-2021 Parent/Guardian Planning Survey
Taconic Hills developed a survey to collect input from Taconic Hill's Parents and Guardians to assist in decision-making and guidance for reopening the 2020-2021 school year ... Survey Link>>
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Parent/Guardian Planning Survey. The information will be extremely helpful as we plan for the beginning of the 2020-21 school year ... Survey Results >>
If you or a family member begin showing symptoms of a respiratory disease and suspect it may be COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider. Before going to your healthcare provider’s office, inform them that a case of COVID-19 is suspected and follow their advice.
Local health departments will contact schools if a suspected or known COVID-19 case emerges. The District is prepared to work with any affected families.
In addition, New York has established a Novel Coronavirus Hotline, which can provide additional information. Call 1-888-364-3065 with questions or concerns about travel and symptoms. The district will continue to share information as it becomes available.
Please know that, as always, the health and safety of our students and staff is our highest priority.
- Will My Child Bounce Back From the Coronavirus Crisis? - Trauma, resilience and how parents can help
- Novel Coronavirus (NYS Department of Health)
- Coronavirus Disease (CDC)
- Information for Travel (CDC)
- FAQ for Travelers (CDC)
- Prevention & Treatment of Coronavirus Disease (CDC)
- FAQ: Coronavirus Disease (CDC)
- School (PreK-12) Guidance: COVID-19 (NYS Education Department)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Emergency Food Access & Distribution- Columbia County Districts - The Sylvia Center has put together information for how each district in the county is distributing meals and all the food pantries/distribution sites we know of. For now, we are making updates 2x per week, gathering information through checking websites and phone calls.
- Parents: Supporting Learning During the COVID-19 Pandemic - This resource offers tips to support your child’s learning at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News & Announcements
Families, please complete the Taconic Hills 2020-21 Transportation Registration Form to help us plan for the start of the 2020-21 School Year. The school needs to have an accurate count of who will ride the bus in order to plan bus routes for social distancing...
Local Food Pantries
Below is a link to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY where you can find local food pantries in your area including hours of operation.