When is my payment due?
    Tax bills are due and payable up to and including October 1, 2018 with no penalty. Bills paid from October 2nd to  October 31, 2018 must include a 2% penalty. For both deadlines, postmark dates will be accepted.

    How can I pay my bill? 

    By Regular Mail
    send to:

    Taconic Hills Central School District
    c/o Receiver of Taxes
    PO Box 10716
    Albany, NY 12201

    By Overnight Mail
    send to:

    Up to October 7th
    Key Bank Lockbox Operations
    Lockbox 10716
    17 Corporate Woods Blvd.
    Albany, NY 12211

    After October 7th
    Key Bank Lockbox Operations
    Lockbox 10716
    555 Patroon Creek Blvd.
    Albany, NY 12206

    Payment may be dropped off at the following location for forwarding to the
    District Lockbox:

    Copake Key Bank Branch Mon-Thurs 9AM-3PM, Fri 9AM-5PM

    Pay Online (with no fees)
    At www.taconichills.k12.ny.us—Community—School Tax Info—Click on “Pay Your Bill Online”
    This option will be available from September 1, 2018 until 8:00PM on October 31, 2018.
    When using personal online bill pay please be sure to include your bill number and property S/B/L with payment.

    How do I pay my bill AFTER October 31st?
    After October 31st, payment including a 2% penalty must be made to:

    Columbia County Treasurer’s Office
    15 N. 6th Street
    Hudson, NY 12534

    You can mail or make payments in person at the Treasurer's Office from November 19th through 30th between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm. Postmarks do not qualify as being received by the County. They must have payment in hand by 3:00pm on November 30th. After 11/30/18 your school taxes will be re-levied on your January 2019 Town & County bill. 

    Can I pay online?
    YES! Follow the link to Pay Your Bill Online (available September 1st). Read the instructions and at the bottom of the page, Click 'I Agree' and it will take you to the instructions for paying your bill online using a credit card. This bill pay option will be available until October 31st. 

    Can I use Online Bill Pay?
    Yes! When using personal online bill pay to send payment for a tax bill, please be sure to include your bill number and property S/B/L on the payment.

    Where can I get a copy of my tax bill or print a receipt?
    Tax bills and receipts are published online in two places: 

    1. Visit taconichills.k12.ny.us/taxes . Click the “Info-Tax Online” link and provide only one source of information (Last name, address or S/B/L) when searching for information on your property. You can print a bill or a receipt from this site.
    2. Visit columbiacountyny.com to view your town and county tax bill that is paid every January. The Columbia County website also provides a link to school tax records.

    How do I change my mailing address on my bill?   
    Please send a written request to the Tax Collector at 73 County Route 11A, Craryville, NY 12521 or email taxcollector@taconichills.k12.ny.us. Address change requests must be in writing and cannot be accepted by telephone. 

    What do I do if my STAR or other exemption is not right or I don’t agree with the assessment of my home or property?
    Any questions about a new STAR application must be directed to NYS Dept. of Taxation and Finance at  www.tax.ny.gov or (518) 457-2036. Please contact your town assessor with questions about any other exemption or the assessed value of your home or property. The school district does not set exemptions and cannot make changes to any exemption or assessment amounts.

    Assessment or Exemption Change?
    Any questions about assessment amounts or exemptions should be directed to your Town Assessor.
    NEW STAR exemption applica-tions must be directed to NYS Dept. of Taxation & Finance at www.tax.ny.gov or (518) 457-2036.