- All patrons must sign in at the desk before entering pool.
- Children under 12 must have an adult present at pool & fitness center.
- Children under 6 must have an adult in the water with them. Lifeguard can make exceptions to allow parent poolside if safety permits.
- Lifeguard/supervisor has responsibility and authority to remove swimmers or patrons from pool area for failure to follow rules.
- A complete shower is required before entering pool.
- No swimmers will enter water until person in charge has given permission.
- No gum chewing or wearing jewelry.
- No jumping off shallow end or sides of pool. Jumping allowed only at deep end when diving lanes are not in use.
- No hanging on pool lane lines.
- No 2 piece bathing suits.
- Bathing suits required. No cut offs or t-shirts.
- No swimmies (arm flotation devices) allowed.
- No equipment, balls, mats or recreation equipment unless approved by lifeguard.
- Respect the rights of other swimmers.
- Respect the property of other swimmers. THCSD is not responsible for any items lost or damaged.
- Lanes designated for lap swimming must be used accordingly.
- Children must pass the water safety test before entering deep water.
- No running, pushing, dunking, splashing or horseplay.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the pool complex.
- Smoking or alcohol is not permitted anywhere on school grounds.
- Persons appearing under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or have used alcohol or drugs, or not alert are not permitted to swim.
- Persons with open wounds or infectious skin conditions must check with the lifeguard.
- No band aids are permitted in the pool.
- No urinating, discharge of fecal matter, spitting, expectorant or blowing your nose in the pool.
- Shoes are not permitted on pool deck.
- No diving off starting blocks except during swim meets and practices.
- All patrons must comply with community and private rental agreements.
Life Guard commands:
1 Long Blast with whistle: Guard wants everyone out of pool immediately
2 Short Blasts with whistle: Guard wants swimmers attention
Rules for Parents of Young Children:
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult while they are at the pool.
- Children under 5 must have an adult in the pool with them.
- Children need to take a swim test in order to go in the deep end each time.
- Female Children/Adults over the age of nine must wear a one piece bathing suit in the pool.
- Parents with young children over the age of two may use a separate location to change their child.
- Women cannot bring in boys over the age of two in the girl's locker room.
- Men cannot bring in girls over the age of two in the men's locker room.
- The pool will be cleared about 10 to 15 minutes before closing so people can change.
- Everyone must clearly print/write their name on the sign in sheet. This is for safety reasons.
- No pool toys.
- No jumping or diving in the shallow end of the pool.
Patrons interested in Reserving the Pool Please provide a copy of the rules to your guest; this ensures a safe and prepared experience.
Any question, and or special accommodations required please feel free to contact the Aquatic Director/Athletic Director.