What does The Parent Connection Do?
- Offers a parent / teacher resource library
- Provides parent workshops and family social
- Works toward improving student achievement
- Offers guidance and support to parents
Where is The Parent Connection located?
The Parent Connection is located in the
elementary building in Room E142
What are the hours of The Parent
Tuesdays & Thursdays
2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
& by appoinment
The Parent Connection offers a variety of
services to parents and school staff including:
- A Resource Library
- Health and Wellness Information
- Support Services
- Referrals to Community Agencies
- Social Opportunities
- Tips For Helping Your Child Succeed in School
- Adult Literacy Programs
Who Is Eligible To Receive These
Any parent/guardian, community member, or school faculty member at Taconic
Parent Involvement In Schools Is Important!
Parents can get involved by...
- Realizing their importance in their children's
- Talking to their children about the hopes and
- Taking their children's concerns seriously
- Scheduling a regular homework time
- Limiting and monitoring their children's TV
- Communicating with the school
- Talking with other parents
- Asking questions of educators
- Encouraging and praising their children
- Joining parent organizations
- Volunteering at school
- Acknowledging barriers and finding the means
to overcome them
Useful websites for parents: